Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Arts & Life
Fri July 25, 2014
Alabama-based Network Expanding to West Coast
An Alabama-based religious broadcasting operation is expanding to the West Coast.
The EWTN Global Catholic Network says it's building a television production center on the campus of Christ Cathedral in Orange, California.
The network will continue operating at its headquarters in the Birmingham suburb of Irondale. But it will also use the new studio to broadcast news, inspirational stories and religious masses by the end of the year.
A statement from Eternal Word Television Network says the California studio will let them produce programming that's hard to do elsewhere, particularly for its Spanish-language services.
EWTN calls itself the world's largest religious media network. It sends TV programming to more than 230 million homes and 140 counties and has 11 different television networks in multiple languages.
Catholic Broadcaster-Contraception Suit
EWTN Health Care lawsuit