Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Arts & Life
Fri July 25, 2014
Alabama-based Network Expanding to West Coast
An Alabama-based religious broadcasting operation is expanding to the West Coast.
The EWTN Global Catholic Network says it's building a television production center on the campus of Christ Cathedral in Orange, California.
The network will continue operating at its headquarters in the Birmingham suburb of Irondale. But it will also use the new studio to broadcast news, inspirational stories and religious masses by the end of the year.
A statement from Eternal Word Television Network says the California studio will let them produce programming that's hard to do elsewhere, particularly for its Spanish-language services.
EWTN calls itself the world's largest religious media network. It sends TV programming to more than 230 million homes and 140 counties and has 11 different television networks in multiple languages.
Catholic Broadcaster-Contraception Suit
EWTN Health Care lawsuit