Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Thu July 3, 2014
Alabama Attorney General Likes Suing Obama
Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange says he goes to work every day and thinks of a way to sue the Obama administration.
Al.com reports that Strange made the comment in a speech to the Republican Women of Huntsville. He told the group Tuesday that part of his oath of office compelled him in that pursuit. He described it as a full-time job that's the best job in Alabama politics. Strange has sued over the Affordable Care Act, opposed the Obama administration on environmental regulations and filed court briefs in several cases involving federal policy.
The Republican attorney general is seeking a second term. He faces Democrat Joe Hubbard in the general election in November. Hubbard is a state representative from Montgomery.
Politics & Government