Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Wed June 19, 2013
Alabama 19th in Federal Revenue for State Spending
A new study ranks Alabama 19th among in the states in the amount of federal funding that goes into the state government's general revenue.
The study by the Tax Foundation says federal funding accounts for 38.2 percent of the state government's revenue in Alabama. Mississippi ranked first at 49 percent and Alaska was 50th at 24 percent.
Tennessee was at 44 percent, Georgia measured 41.1 percent, and Florida came in at 36.9 percent.
The study looked only at a state's tax revenue and did not consider a state's income from investments. It was based on 2011 figures.