Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Arts & Life
Wed January 16, 2013
Ala Tourism Posters Boast 4NAROW for Football
Tourism officials are offering new posters to mark the state of Alabama's run of four consecutive college football titles.
Small posters that say "4NAROW" will be available starting Thursday at state welcome centers and tourism offices.
The mini-posters resemble Alabama car tags and refer to the consecutive Bowl Championship Series crowns won by the University of Alabama and Auburn University.
The back of the poster promotes trips to the Paul Bryant Museum and the Auburn University Arena, where the schools' four crystal trophies are on display. It also features the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame in Birmingham.
Auburn won the BCS championship in 2010, and Alabama won in 2009, 2011 and 2012.
The tourism department says the posters are available at visitor bureau offices statewide.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Obama - Alabama Football
Alabama Cheerleaders Wreck
Arts & Life