Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Terror Charges - Alabama
Mon January 14, 2013
Ala. Terror Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
The second of two men arrested last month on charges of plotting to join an overseas terrorist group has pleaded not guilty.
AL.com reports Mohammad Abdul Rahman Abukhdair appeared in federal court Monday. Abukhdair in December was arrested at a Georgia bus station. Authorities say he met co-defendant Randy Wilson online and the two were planning to leave the country to join Islamic radicals fighting in North Africa.
The website reports Abukhdair was living in Egypt and was arrested there in 2010 on suspicions of being involved with a terrorist group. He was deported from Egypt to the United States in 2011.
Abukhdair's trial is scheduled for March. A call to his attorney Monday was not answered. Wilson has already pleaded not guilty and is being held without bail.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.