Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Alabama University Shooting
Fri August 16, 2013
Ala. Supreme Court Won't Hear Professor's Appeal
The Alabama Supreme Court has refused to review an appeals court's decision upholding the conviction of a former university professor who pleaded guilty to killing three colleagues and wounding three more during a faculty meeting.
Former biology professor Amy Bishop Anderson has been appealing her conviction on one count of capital murder involving two or more people and three counts of attempted murder for the shooting at the University of Alabama in Huntsville in 2010.
She is serving a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole at Tutwiler Prison for Women in Wetumpka.
She initially appealed her conviction to the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals which turned down her appeal. The Supreme Court on Friday refused to hear her appeal of the Court of Criminal Appeal's decision.
Amy Bishop Trial
Arts & Life
Arts & Life