Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Mon April 28, 2014
Ala. Storm System Prompts Emergency Declaration
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley has declared a state of emergency in response to a severe weather system that crossed the state.
Bentley said in a statement Monday evening that the declaration covers every county in Alabama, and that heavy damage has been reported in some areas that were in the path of a suspected tornado.
Bentley says all state agencies are ordered "to take necessary actions to respond to Alabama communities that need help."
The governor says 100 Alabama National Guard members are on stand-by and are ready to help in impacted areas if necessary.