Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Mon April 28, 2014
Ala. Storm System Prompts Emergency Declaration
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley has declared a state of emergency in response to a severe weather system that crossed the state.
Bentley said in a statement Monday evening that the declaration covers every county in Alabama, and that heavy damage has been reported in some areas that were in the path of a suspected tornado.
Bentley says all state agencies are ordered "to take necessary actions to respond to Alabama communities that need help."
The governor says 100 Alabama National Guard members are on stand-by and are ready to help in impacted areas if necessary.