Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Arts & Life
Thu November 8, 2012
Ala State Pier to Offer Beer Starting Next Year
Officials are planning something new next year for visitors to Gulf State Park: Beer at the fishing pier.
Al.com reports (http://bit.ly/PEuiW5 ) that Gulf State Park Superintendent Lisa Laraway told Gulf Shores city officials that the concession area is being upgraded at the pier.
The improvement includes a plan to begin serving beer, although city officials refused a liquor license that would have allowed the pier to also serve wine and frozen drinks.
The upgrades don't end at the pier. Officials also are planning to add volleyball and other activities on the beach, plus new activities including a zip line course on the inland side of the park.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.