Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Alabama Seafood Summit
Tue March 5, 2013
Ala Seafood Leaders Gathering in Mobile
Leaders of Alabama's seafood industry are gathering in Mobile to discuss ways to increase demand for their products.
Officials from the governor to coastal industry executives will take part in the Alabama Seafood Summit being held Tuesday at the Mobile Convention Center.
The head of Alabama Marine Resources, Chris Blankenship, says the industry's economic impact is down almost $100 million annually since the BP oil spill in 2010.
He says the state's seafood industry needs to regain market share, and that's the goal of the summit.
Participants in the meeting include trade officials, seafood buyers and representatives from the restaurant industry. More than 100 individuals and groups are expected.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.