Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri January 4, 2013
Ala. Red Cross Moving Tornado Service Center
The American Red Cross has announced it plans to close its casework service center at the Dauphin Way United Methodist Church, but plans to continue helping residents affected by the Christmas tornado in a new location.
Red Cross officials Friday said the service center on Dauphin Way would close at 4 p.m. and caseworkers will meet clients daily at the Red Cross office on North Sage Avenue near Ishee Street in Mobile from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. beginning Monday.
Red Cross representatives say assistance is being provided for people whose homes were damaged or destroyed. Potential clients are asked to bring proof of residence and photo identification.
Fourteen tornados tore through Alabama Dec. 25 and an elderly man in Georgiana was killed when a tree fell on his house.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Arts & Life