Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Fri January 4, 2013
Ala. Red Cross Moving Tornado Service Center
The American Red Cross has announced it plans to close its casework service center at the Dauphin Way United Methodist Church, but plans to continue helping residents affected by the Christmas tornado in a new location.
Red Cross officials Friday said the service center on Dauphin Way would close at 4 p.m. and caseworkers will meet clients daily at the Red Cross office on North Sage Avenue near Ishee Street in Mobile from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. beginning Monday.
Red Cross representatives say assistance is being provided for people whose homes were damaged or destroyed. Potential clients are asked to bring proof of residence and photo identification.
Fourteen tornados tore through Alabama Dec. 25 and an elderly man in Georgiana was killed when a tree fell on his house.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Arts & Life