Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Tropical Storm Isaac
Fri August 24, 2012
Ala. Readying For Strike From Isaac Next Week
The weather along Alabama's coast should be sunny for one of the season's last big tourist weekends, but officials are urging residents to get ready for the approach of Isaac next week.
With weather service maps showing the storm could hit the Alabama coast as a hurricane on Wednesday, choppy surf and higher-than-normal tides may reach the coast Saturday or Sunday.
Flooding could be worse than usual because of heavy rains along the coast this summer, but officials say even that's hard to predict because of the uncertainty of the storm's track.
Several big events designed to lure tourists to the coast are continuing as planned despite Isaac in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.