Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Tue November 20, 2012
Ala. Ranks Third In Credit Card Delinquency Rates
A leading national credit rating agency ranks Alabama third in the nation in terms of credit card delinquency.
TransUnion ranks Alabama's credit card delinquency rates lower than only Mississippi and West Virginia.
The state's third-quarter rate of 1.04 percent is higher than the national average of .75 percent.
Three dozen states saw an increase in delinquency rates, while rates dropped in nine states and the District of Columbia.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.