Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Thu January 10, 2013
Ala. PSC Rejects Call For Formal Review Of Rates
The Alabama Public Service Commission has blocked Commissioner Terry Dunn's request for a formal review of the rate structures for Alabama's three largest investor-owned utilities.
Dunn made a motion Thursday for formal reviews of Alabama Power, Alabama Gas and Mobile Gas, but commissioners Twinkle Cavanaugh and Jeremy Oden said an informal process is the best way to proceed. That will begin later this month with Mobile Gas.
A formal review is a judicial-like proceeding involving experts and attorneys. Oden said an informal review is more like people sitting around a kitchen table where everyone can have a voice.
Dunn wanted a formal review because he said the PSC's rate structures provide for three utilities with returns on equity of above the national average.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.ass
Natural Gas Prices