Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Thu January 10, 2013
Ala. PSC Rejects Call For Formal Review Of Rates
The Alabama Public Service Commission has blocked Commissioner Terry Dunn's request for a formal review of the rate structures for Alabama's three largest investor-owned utilities.
Dunn made a motion Thursday for formal reviews of Alabama Power, Alabama Gas and Mobile Gas, but commissioners Twinkle Cavanaugh and Jeremy Oden said an informal process is the best way to proceed. That will begin later this month with Mobile Gas.
A formal review is a judicial-like proceeding involving experts and attorneys. Oden said an informal review is more like people sitting around a kitchen table where everyone can have a voice.
Dunn wanted a formal review because he said the PSC's rate structures provide for three utilities with returns on equity of above the national average.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.ass
Natural Gas Prices