Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Wed November 20, 2013
Ala. Officials Wooing Boeing Aircraft Plant
State and local leaders are working to lure a Boeing Co. aircraft assembly plant to the Huntsville area.
Gov. Robert Bentley, Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle and economic developers met Tuesday in Birmingham with representatives of the aircraft manufacturer.
Battle says Huntsville is one of several cities being considered for a 777x assembly site, and Bentley says the company likes Alabama.
Boeing said it would look for a new location to build the airplane after union members rejected a proposed contract in Seattle last week.
A gubernatorial aide in Washington state has said that state will likely get competition from places including Alabama, where unions have less of a foothold.
Boeing executives say a decision on a manufacturing location could come by early next year.