Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Tue May 28, 2013
Ala. Officials Consider Natural Gas Pipeline Plan
County officials in eastern Alabama are set to discuss a proposed natural gas pipeline that would cross through parts of Alabama, Georgia and Florida.
Lee County commissioners are scheduled to meet Tuesday night to discuss the proposed project by Sabal Trail Transmission, a subsidiary of Spectra Energy Corp.
The Opelika-Auburn News reports (http://bit.ly/10xiIAD) that Logan Gray, a partner at Southern Strategy Group in Montgomery, is scheduled to give a presentation at Tuesday's meeting.
The Opelika newspaper reports that the interstate pipeline system would cover an estimated 465 miles across portions of the three states.
A report on the project states that the plan is a response to a request for proposals from Florida Power & Light Co. to provide natural gas transportation for its power generation needs by May 2017.
Information from: Opelika-Auburn News, http://www.oanow.com/