Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Politics & Government
Tue May 28, 2013
Ala. Officials Consider Natural Gas Pipeline Plan
County officials in eastern Alabama are set to discuss a proposed natural gas pipeline that would cross through parts of Alabama, Georgia and Florida.
Lee County commissioners are scheduled to meet Tuesday night to discuss the proposed project by Sabal Trail Transmission, a subsidiary of Spectra Energy Corp.
The Opelika-Auburn News reports (http://bit.ly/10xiIAD) that Logan Gray, a partner at Southern Strategy Group in Montgomery, is scheduled to give a presentation at Tuesday's meeting.
The Opelika newspaper reports that the interstate pipeline system would cover an estimated 465 miles across portions of the three states.
A report on the project states that the plan is a response to a request for proposals from Florida Power & Light Co. to provide natural gas transportation for its power generation needs by May 2017.
Information from: Opelika-Auburn News, http://www.oanow.com/