Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Mon July 1, 2013
Ala. Officials Award Grant To Voting Rights Center
State officials have awarded Alabama State University with $800,000 in grant funding for the Selma to Montgomery Voting Rights Interpretive Center.
The funding will be added to an existing grant of $1.2 million.
Director of Alabama State University's National Center for the study of Civil Rights and African-American Culture says the center will be located near Hornet Stadium on the university's campus.
Organizers say they hope to open the center in time for the 50th anniversary of the Selma to Montgomery March in March 2015.
Voting Rights Center