Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Politics & Government
Sun June 16, 2013
Ala. Offering Food Safety Training
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System is offering food safety training to producers who sell at farmers markets.
Officials say the goal is to prevent outbreaks of foodborne illness.
Auburn University professor Jean Weese studies food safety. She said even one outbreak traced back to a farmers market can undermine years of effort that goes into building a customer base.
She said her goal is to reach sellers at farmers markets in all of Alabama's counties. The Opelika-Auburn News (http://bit.ly/123g94U ) reports the team has already completed 34 training sessions in 32 counties.
Information from: Opelika-Auburn News, http://www.oanow.com/
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.