Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mineral Payments Cuts
Thu March 28, 2013
Ala. To Lose $217K In Federal Mineral Payments
The U.S. Department of Interior is cutting more than 217,000 dollars in federal mineral payments to Alabama over the next five months.
The reduction is part of the 110 million dollars in cuts to 35 states that receive the mineral payments as their share of revenue from energy and mineral production that occurred on federal land within the states and offshore.
The Interior Department is making the reduction as part of the automatic federal spending cuts that started this month.
While the 217,000 dollars may not seem small it's nothing compared to the 53 million dollars the state of Wyoming will be losing thanks to the cuts.
Cutting School Revenue