Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu March 14, 2013
Ala. Lawmakers Near Final Passage Of Airbus Bill
Legislation to help protect Airbus from lawsuits involving planes built at the new plant in Mobile has moved closer to final passage in the Alabama Legislature.
The House voted unanimously Thursday for the bill that places a 12-year limit on filing lawsuits as a result of an accident involving a plane built at the new plant. A lawsuit would have to involve a problem with the airplane that arose within 12 years of when the plane was sold.
The bill passed the Senate earlier and was approved in the House Thursday. The House made a correction to language added in the Senate - which must now agree to the House's changes.
Senate President Pro Tem Del Marsh says he expects the upper chamber to give final approval next week.