Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Politics & Government
Fri April 25, 2014
Ala Lawmaker Arrested on Felony Perjury Charges
A state legislator from southeast Alabama is under arrest on felony perjury charges.
The attorney general's office says Republican Rep. Barry Moore of Enterprise is charged with two counts of perjury. He's also charged with two counts of making false statements.
Davis was arrested Thursday. A statement from the attorney general's office says the charges are linked to a continuing investigation of possible public corruption.
Authorities haven't said exactly what the investigation concerns. But another GOP representative, Greg Wren of Montgomery, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor ethics charge and resigned from office earlier this month.
Moore didn't immediately return an email seeking comment.
Moore was first elected to the Alabama House in 2010. He owns a waste-hauling company in Coffee County.