Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Voter Registration Hoax
Fri August 10, 2012
Ala. Knocking Down Voter Registration Hoax
State officials say an online hoax is spreading untrue rumors about voting registration in Alabama. Secretary of State Beth Chapman says email messages and Facebook posts are claiming people need to re-register to vote in the upcoming election if they haven't voted since 2008. But Chapman says the messages aren't true. She says voters' names will still be on the voter lists regardless of whether they voted in past elections. Chapman says federal law specifically prohibits states from removing people from voter rolls for failing to cast ballots Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.