Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Arts & Life
Tue November 27, 2012
Ala Jeweler Refunding Purchases Over Shutout
An Alabama jeweler says he owes customers tens of thousands of dollars since Alabama shut out archrival Auburn in their annual football game last weekend.
Jeff Dennis had promised to refund purchases at his Gardendale jewelry store if either team failed to score.
WIAT-TV (http://bit.ly/Tq3icI ) reports that No. 2 Alabama's 49-0 victory over Auburn means Dennis is getting ready to pay up.
Dennis will give a total of about 300 refunds to customers who shopped between Nov. 16 and Nov. 23, some for purchases of more than $5,000. But unlike most refunds, the customers will get to keep what they bought.
Dennis isn't complaining about the refunds. He says the promotion pushed sales to about three times their normal level.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.