Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Politics & Government
Thu August 7, 2014
Ala. Groups to Testify on Faith-based Displays
Several groups are planning to push the Mobile County Commission to authorize the installation of atheist, Pagan and Universalist displays after authorizing a Christian one at Government Plaza.
Al.com reports the commission voted 2-1 July 19 to allow a privately-funded "In God We Trust" display to be featured in the plaza and members of Mobile's atheist, universalist and pagan communities are planning to testify on faith-based displays at a commission meeting Thursday morning.
The meeting is being held in the multipurpose room at Government Plaza.