Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Politics & Government
Thu August 7, 2014
Ala. Groups to Testify on Faith-based Displays
Several groups are planning to push the Mobile County Commission to authorize the installation of atheist, Pagan and Universalist displays after authorizing a Christian one at Government Plaza.
Al.com reports the commission voted 2-1 July 19 to allow a privately-funded "In God We Trust" display to be featured in the plaza and members of Mobile's atheist, universalist and pagan communities are planning to testify on faith-based displays at a commission meeting Thursday morning.
The meeting is being held in the multipurpose room at Government Plaza.