Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Politics & Government
Thu August 7, 2014
Ala. Groups to Testify on Faith-based Displays
Several groups are planning to push the Mobile County Commission to authorize the installation of atheist, Pagan and Universalist displays after authorizing a Christian one at Government Plaza.
Al.com reports the commission voted 2-1 July 19 to allow a privately-funded "In God We Trust" display to be featured in the plaza and members of Mobile's atheist, universalist and pagan communities are planning to testify on faith-based displays at a commission meeting Thursday morning.
The meeting is being held in the multipurpose room at Government Plaza.