Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Politics & Government
Thu August 7, 2014
Ala. Groups to Testify on Faith-based Displays
Several groups are planning to push the Mobile County Commission to authorize the installation of atheist, Pagan and Universalist displays after authorizing a Christian one at Government Plaza.
Al.com reports the commission voted 2-1 July 19 to allow a privately-funded "In God We Trust" display to be featured in the plaza and members of Mobile's atheist, universalist and pagan communities are planning to testify on faith-based displays at a commission meeting Thursday morning.
The meeting is being held in the multipurpose room at Government Plaza.