Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Politics & Government
Mon August 5, 2013
Ala. Governor Sets Ceremonial Signings for Bills
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will hold a ceremonial signing of bills aimed at reducing the abuse of prescription drugs.
Bentley's office said the governor will be joined by officials with the Medical Association of Alabama and other leaders at the ceremonial signing ceremony. The governor officially signed the legislation earlier this year.
The ceremony will be at 1 p.m. Monday in the Old House chamber at the Alabama Capitol.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Alabama has one of the highest rates of prescription painkillers sold per 10,000 people.
The bills include a measure to set up a state prescription drug data base program. Another measure would prohibit a person from getting the same drug from two or more doctors.