Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Mon August 5, 2013
Ala. Governor Sets Ceremonial Signings for Bills
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will hold a ceremonial signing of bills aimed at reducing the abuse of prescription drugs.
Bentley's office said the governor will be joined by officials with the Medical Association of Alabama and other leaders at the ceremonial signing ceremony. The governor officially signed the legislation earlier this year.
The ceremony will be at 1 p.m. Monday in the Old House chamber at the Alabama Capitol.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Alabama has one of the highest rates of prescription painkillers sold per 10,000 people.
The bills include a measure to set up a state prescription drug data base program. Another measure would prohibit a person from getting the same drug from two or more doctors.