Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Politics & Government
Fri August 2, 2013
Ala. Governor Raises $1 Million for Re-election
Republican Gov. Robert Bentley has raised more than $1 million in two months for his re-election campaign.
Bentley filed a campaign finance report Thursday showing he has raised $1,009,270 since fundraising began in early June. He began with nearly $237,000 left over from his 2010 victory. After spending nearly $180,000, he has almost $1.1 million in his campaign chest.
Campaign spokeswoman Rebekah Mason said receiving more than $1 million in two months amounts to a vote of confidence from Alabama citizens.
Bentley has no Democratic opposition so far. The primary election is June 3, 2014.