Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Politics & Government
Mon November 5, 2012
Ala. Governor Plans Discussions of Amendment 2
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will be in Birmingham and Mobile Monday to discuss an amendment on Tuesday's ballot to allow the state to refinance bonds.
Bentley says the savings will free up funds to provide incentives for companies considering moving their facilities to Alabama. The incentives can also be used to encourage companies to expand facilities already in Alabama. Bentley said he believes passage of the amendment will create new jobs in Alabama.
The governor will lead a roundtable discussion of the amendment at the Birmingham Business Alliance, 505 20th St. North at 8:15 a.m. Monday. Later in the day, the governor will hold a roundtable discussion at 2 p.m. at the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce, 451 Government St.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.