Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Business & Education
Fri September 28, 2012
Ala. Governor to Help Open Expanded Cullman Plant
An automotive parts manufacturing company is officially opening its newly expanded facility in Cullman and has created 250 new jobs.
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will take part in the ribbon cutting and dedication at 2 p.m. Friday of the newly expanded Topre America Corp. facility in Cullman. Bentley will be joined by Cullman area-leaders and Topre America officials at the ceremony.
Topre America supplies parts to Honda, Toyota and Nissan. This is the company's fourth expansion since it located in Cullman in 2004.
The expansion is expected to bring the Tokyo-based company's total employment in Cullman to more than 600.
Before leaving Montgomery for Cullman, Bentley is scheduled to speak at noon Friday at the Renaissance Hotel to a meeting of the Alabama Road Builders Association.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press