Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Business & Education
Fri September 28, 2012
Ala. Governor to Help Open Expanded Cullman Plant
An automotive parts manufacturing company is officially opening its newly expanded facility in Cullman and has created 250 new jobs.
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will take part in the ribbon cutting and dedication at 2 p.m. Friday of the newly expanded Topre America Corp. facility in Cullman. Bentley will be joined by Cullman area-leaders and Topre America officials at the ceremony.
Topre America supplies parts to Honda, Toyota and Nissan. This is the company's fourth expansion since it located in Cullman in 2004.
The expansion is expected to bring the Tokyo-based company's total employment in Cullman to more than 600.
Before leaving Montgomery for Cullman, Bentley is scheduled to speak at noon Friday at the Renaissance Hotel to a meeting of the Alabama Road Builders Association.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press