Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Baldwin County Interchange
Fri March 15, 2013
Ala. Governor to Attend Interchange Groundbreaking
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will participate in groundbreaking ceremonies for an interchange on Interstate 10 in Baldwin County with the Baldwin Beach Express.
The governor will be joined at 10 a.m. Friday by other state and local officials at the intersection of the Baldwin Beach Express and U.S. 90 near Robertsdale for the groundbreaking.
The $10.6 million interchange will be the final of four projects linking the interchange to the beach. The new interchange is expected to open in the fall of 2014. It will be exit 49 on I-10 to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
Work on the interchange is expected to begin immediately.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.