Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Baldwin County Interchange
Fri March 15, 2013
Ala. Governor to Attend Interchange Groundbreaking
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will participate in groundbreaking ceremonies for an interchange on Interstate 10 in Baldwin County with the Baldwin Beach Express.
The governor will be joined at 10 a.m. Friday by other state and local officials at the intersection of the Baldwin Beach Express and U.S. 90 near Robertsdale for the groundbreaking.
The $10.6 million interchange will be the final of four projects linking the interchange to the beach. The new interchange is expected to open in the fall of 2014. It will be exit 49 on I-10 to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
Work on the interchange is expected to begin immediately.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.