Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Dothan City Schools lunch plan
Fri September 6, 2013
Ala. District Launches Online Meal Payment System
Dothan City Schools has rolled out an Internet-based system that allows parents to pay for their children's meals online.
The district's child nutrition program director Tonya Grier told the Dothan Eagle (http://bit.ly/15ChMQb ) the online system, which was launched this week, will make paying for school meals more convenient and will remind parents when meal accounts are running out of money.
Grier says the system will also let parents know how often their child is eating at school.
Officials say parents can pay by Visa, MasterCard or by check and there's $2.50 fee per transaction, but parents with multiple children can fund multiple meal plans in a single transaction.
Grier says about 50 transactions have already been processed on the website.
Information from: The Dothan Eagle, http://www.dothaneagle.com