Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Dothan City Schools lunch plan
Fri September 6, 2013
Ala. District Launches Online Meal Payment System
Dothan City Schools has rolled out an Internet-based system that allows parents to pay for their children's meals online.
The district's child nutrition program director Tonya Grier told the Dothan Eagle (http://bit.ly/15ChMQb ) the online system, which was launched this week, will make paying for school meals more convenient and will remind parents when meal accounts are running out of money.
Grier says the system will also let parents know how often their child is eating at school.
Officials say parents can pay by Visa, MasterCard or by check and there's $2.50 fee per transaction, but parents with multiple children can fund multiple meal plans in a single transaction.
Grier says about 50 transactions have already been processed on the website.
Information from: The Dothan Eagle, http://www.dothaneagle.com