Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Tue June 10, 2014
Ala. Circuit Clerks' Offices To Open On Wednesdays
Circuit clerks' offices are going to reopen on Wednesdays.
Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore has issued an order saying the offices will be open to the public each day effective July 1.
Moore ordered the offices closed to the public on Wednesday beginning in March 2013 because he said understaffing had put the offices behind on recording and filing cases. The employees used Wednesdays to catch up. Now Moore says the backlog in paperwork has been reduced and judges have told them the offices are ready to resume a normal schedule.
He says the presiding judge in each county can request permission to address specific needs.
Not all circuit clerks' offices have been closed on Wednesdays. Some got local funding to hire staff to keep up with paperwork.
Roy Moore-Rotary Club