Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Brewery church fundraiser
Wed March 6, 2013
Ala Church Holding Fundraiser in Brewery
Brew pubs are springing up across Alabama since the state updated its alcohol laws, and one church is making the best of the trend.
A church is sponsoring a fundraiser at a brew pub in downtown Birmingham on Wednesday night. The event at Good People Brewing Co. will benefit the Church of the Reconciler, which serves a congregation that includes urban homeless.
Church pastor Matt Lacey says some people will think it's unusual for a church to hold an event at a pub. But he says many people don't see fellowship at church and in other places to be separate.
Lacey says organizers see the event as a way to introduce people to church in a new way.
Lacey's congregation is affiliated with the United Methodist Church.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.