Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Alabama Gambling Trial
Tue October 30, 2012
Ala. Casino Developer Seeks Another Prison Delay
Country Crossing casino developer Ronnie Gilley is asking a federal judge not to make him report to prison next week.
Gilley is seeking another delay because of unspecified medical problems. U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson gave Gilley permission on Monday to file his latest request in private. The judge did not immediately rule on the request.
Gilley pleaded guilty to offering bribes to legislators and was originally supposed to report to prison Aug. 27 to serve six years and eight months. He got his report date delayed until Sept. 24 to allow him to have surgery. That got pushed to Oct. 9 and then to Nov. 5 to allow time for recovery.
Now he's saying his medical status requires another extension.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.