Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Mon April 8, 2013
Airbus Breaking Ground on South Alabama Plant
Airbus is breaking ground on its new aircraft assembly plant in Mobile.
Top executives will be in the port city Monday for a ceremony to mark the start of construction on the Airbus plant at Brookley Aeroplex.
The $600 million factory is expected to employ 1,000 people once production of the Airbus A320 jet begins around 2015.
The state's first major Airbus supplier, Safran Engineering Services, is opening its new office in Mobile on Monday. The company plans to employ as many as 50 people at an engineering support facility.
Business & Education