Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Fri October 19, 2012
Air Canada Passengers Spot Missing Yacht
Originally published on Tue October 23, 2012 12:03 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. There are only so many movies you can watch on a 15-hour flight from Canada to Australia. So how about a real life game of "I Spy"? At the request of air traffic control, an Air Canada jumbo jet dropped down low over the ocean, and the captain instructed passengers to look out their windows in search of a yacht gone adrift. And they spotted it. Sixteen hours lost at sea, the sailor was rescued, and the flight was only 40 minutes late. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.