Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri October 19, 2012
Air Canada Passengers Spot Missing Yacht
Originally published on Tue October 23, 2012 12:03 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. There are only so many movies you can watch on a 15-hour flight from Canada to Australia. So how about a real life game of "I Spy"? At the request of air traffic control, an Air Canada jumbo jet dropped down low over the ocean, and the captain instructed passengers to look out their windows in search of a yacht gone adrift. And they spotted it. Sixteen hours lost at sea, the sailor was rescued, and the flight was only 40 minutes late. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.