Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
BP Oil Spill
Thu May 2, 2013
Agreement Reached on Ala. Oil Spill Restoration
BP and federal and state officials have reached an agreement on proposed early restoration projects from the BP oil spill that are expected to cost about $94 million.
The projects are part of BP's plan to provide up to $1 billion in funding for recovery of natural resources that were impacted in the BP oil spill.
BP's Executive Vice President Laura Folse says the money will -provide long-term benefits to the Alabama environment and the people of Alabama. The projects include doing work to enhance Gulf State Park at Gulf Shores, to restore sand dunes in the undeveloped beachfront and to construct and enhance trails in the park.
Funding is provided from the $20 billion trust BP established in 2010 to play claims.
Politics & Government
Gulf State Park Convention Hotel