Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Fri February 18, 2005
Advisor Resigns from HealthSouth Board
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – A Chicago investment adviser has resigned from HealthSouth's board of directors. The company announced Friday that Lee Hillman voluntarily stepped down. He had been a board member since September 2003. That's about the same time a new management team began working to help HealthSouth recover from massive financial fraud. Hillman was brought it when HealthSouth was replacing all of its directors who had ties to former C-E-O Richard Scrushy. He's currently on trial facing charges in a multi-billion dollar accounting scandal.