Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri February 18, 2005
Advisor Resigns from HealthSouth Board
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – A Chicago investment adviser has resigned from HealthSouth's board of directors. The company announced Friday that Lee Hillman voluntarily stepped down. He had been a board member since September 2003. That's about the same time a new management team began working to help HealthSouth recover from massive financial fraud. Hillman was brought it when HealthSouth was replacing all of its directors who had ties to former C-E-O Richard Scrushy. He's currently on trial facing charges in a multi-billion dollar accounting scandal.