Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu November 6, 2003
Adtran Executive Sells More Stock
By Alabama Public Radio
Huntsville, AL – The chairman and chief executive officer of Adtran Incorporated has sold nearly 274 million dollars worth of shares in the telecommunications equipment company. Adtran officials say Mark Smith sold the stock to diversify his personal financial portfolio. That's the same reason given when Smith sold a similar number of shares for 168 million dollars last May. Adtran says there has been no change in Smith's role as chairman and chief executive of the Huntsville-based company. He still owns nearly four million Adtran shares worth about 520 million dollars. During the past 12 months, Adtran stock has increased about 141 percent. Share prices dropped about nine percent Wednesday, closing at 65 dollars and five cents.