Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon September 10, 2012
Aderholt Pays $13K Fine For Finance Reports
U.S. Rep. Robert Aderholt's re-election campaign has paid $13,000 in penalties for filing inaccurate finance reports. The documents released recently by the Federal Election Commission show Aderholt's campaign account misrepresented how much money it raised; spent; and had on hand for several years. Records show more than $58,000 in campaign receipts were misstated from 2006 through 2010. And there were inaccurate records about how $129,600 was spent. Another $273,000 wasn't deposited into the campaign account within the required 10-day period. Aderholt's campaign also reported it found more than $100,000 in spending from 2006 through 2009 that wasn't previously disclosed. A spokesman for the Republican from Haleyville, Brian Rell, calls the mistakes "garden-variety accounting errors. Democratic attorney Daniel Boman of Sulligent is opposing Aderholt in November. Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.