Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Around the Nation
Thu November 21, 2013
Ad Backing Boeing In 'Seattle Times' Uses Airbus Photo
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
Boosters of Washington state decided to advertise. They want work on Boeing's new 777-airplane to stay in the state. Boeing is demanding tax breaks and union concessions. To build political support, the state boosters took out an ad in the Seattle Times, but maybe it's a subliminal jab at Boeing. The ad headlined "The Future of Washington," has a picture of an airplane that's not by Boeing. It's built by Boeing's rival, Airbus.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.