Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Business & Education
Wed February 26, 2014
6 Trustees for UA System Approved by Senate
The Alabama Senate has approved six trustees for the University of Alabama System.
The Senate voted unanimously Wednesday for two new trustees, Harris V. Morrissette of Mobile and John D. Johns of Birmingham. The Senate also voted unanimously to approve new terms for existing trustees Joe Espy of Montgomery, Marietta Urquhart of Mobile, Andria Scott Hurst of Birmingham, and Finis St. John IV of Cullman.
Alabama's board of trustees selects its own members subject to approval by the state Senate. The trustees oversee campuses in Tuscaloosa, Birmingham and Huntsville.