Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Business & Education
Wed February 26, 2014
6 Trustees for UA System Approved by Senate
The Alabama Senate has approved six trustees for the University of Alabama System. The Senate voted unanimously Wednesday for two new trustees, Harris V. Morrissette of Mobile and John D. Johns of Birmingham. The Senate also voted unanimously to approve new terms for existing trustees Joe Espy of Montgomery, Marietta Urquhart of Mobile, Andria Scott Hurst of Birmingham, and Finis St. John IV of Cullman. Alabama's board of trustees selects its own members subject to approval by the state Senate. The trustees oversee campuses in Tuscaloosa, Birmingham and Huntsville.