Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
APR News Reports
Thu May 13, 2004
50th Anniversary of Hank Williams' Death
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – January 1st, 2003 was the 50th anniversary of the day legendary country music singer Hank Williams Senior died. Williams is still considered by many to be one of the greatest country music singers ever. Lance Kinney, host of Alabama Public Radio's Bama Bluegrass, reports on the life and music of Hank Williams Senior.
OUTRO: The preceding report, which originally aired January 1st, 2003, was written by Kathie Farnell and produced by Alabama Public Radio's news department. The report was supported in part by funding from the Alabama State Council on the Arts.