Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
$5 Campaign Issue
Wed January 15, 2014
$5 Donation Becomes Issue In Alabama Race
Five dollars has become an issue in the race for lieutenant governor.
Lt. Gov. Kay Ivey's campaign treasurer, Will Sellers, made a $5 donation Tuesday to her Republican primary opponent, Stan Cooke. Sellers sent the money through Cooke's campaign website hours after candidates for statewide office were supposed to suspend fundraising.
Cooke says it was a deliberate attempt to trap him.
Sellers says he noticed that Cooke's website was still accepting donations after the cutoff, and he decided to have some fun by making a small donation.
Cooke says he returned the donation and made sure that his website stopped accepting additional donations.