Most Active Stories
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Lang Lang In Concert At The Met Museum
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Mon December 2, 2013
3 Special Elections For Alabama House On Tuesday
Voters in three parts of Alabama will participate in special elections Tuesday to help fill vacancies in the Alabama House of Representatives.
In House District 104 that covers part of Mobile County, a Republican runoff will be held between businesswoman Margie Wilcox and Susan Hightower, who's the wife of Republican state Sen. Bill Hightower of Mobile.
A Republican primary will be held in parts of Elmore and Coosa counties for House District 31. Facing off are Frank Bertarelli of Wetumpka, Jimmy Collier of Wetumpka, Mike Holmes of Wetumpka, and Michael Griggs of Tallassee.
Voters in part of Birmingham will participate in a Democratic primary for House District 53. The candidates are Anthony Johnson, Arthur Shores Lee, Demetrius Newton Jr. and Frank Topping.