Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Shelton State Community College
Mon April 15, 2013
3 finalists Named for Shelton State President
The three finalists for president of Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa come from Alabama, Arkansas and Kansas.
The state Department of Postsecondary Education reports 48 people applied, and a search committee appointed by the State Board of Education came up with three finalists: Robert Gunter, who's deputy director for career and technical education at the Arkansas Department of Career Education; Linda North, who's dean of academics at Southern Union Community College in Wadley, Ala.; and Stephen Vacik, who's president of Colby Community College in Colby, Kan.
Alabama's postsecondary chancellor, Mark Heinrich, is scheduled to make his recommendation to the state school board on April 25. Heinrich served as president of Shelton State before becoming chancellor.