Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Shelton State Community College
Mon April 15, 2013
3 finalists Named for Shelton State President
The three finalists for president of Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa come from Alabama, Arkansas and Kansas.
The state Department of Postsecondary Education reports 48 people applied, and a search committee appointed by the State Board of Education came up with three finalists: Robert Gunter, who's deputy director for career and technical education at the Arkansas Department of Career Education; Linda North, who's dean of academics at Southern Union Community College in Wadley, Ala.; and Stephen Vacik, who's president of Colby Community College in Colby, Kan.
Alabama's postsecondary chancellor, Mark Heinrich, is scheduled to make his recommendation to the state school board on April 25. Heinrich served as president of Shelton State before becoming chancellor.