Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Business & Education
Wed April 23, 2014
3 Alabama Schools Honored for Environmental Work
The U.S. Department of Education has honored three Alabama schools for going green.
F.E. Burleson Elementary School in Hartselle, Brock's Gap Intermediate School in Hoover and Homewood Middle School were among the Green Ribbon Schools announced Tuesday. Officials say 48 schools and nine districts were recognized.
The award is given to schools that are reducing their environmental impact and utility costs, promoting health for students and staff and encouraging students to learn about the environment.