Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Business & Education
Wed April 23, 2014
3 Alabama Schools Honored for Environmental Work
The U.S. Department of Education has honored three Alabama schools for going green.
F.E. Burleson Elementary School in Hartselle, Brock's Gap Intermediate School in Hoover and Homewood Middle School were among the Green Ribbon Schools announced Tuesday. Officials say 48 schools and nine districts were recognized.
The award is given to schools that are reducing their environmental impact and utility costs, promoting health for students and staff and encouraging students to learn about the environment.