Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Business & Education
Wed April 23, 2014
3 Alabama Schools Honored for Environmental Work
The U.S. Department of Education has honored three Alabama schools for going green.
F.E. Burleson Elementary School in Hartselle, Brock's Gap Intermediate School in Hoover and Homewood Middle School were among the Green Ribbon Schools announced Tuesday. Officials say 48 schools and nine districts were recognized.
The award is given to schools that are reducing their environmental impact and utility costs, promoting health for students and staff and encouraging students to learn about the environment.