Most Active Stories
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Lang Lang In Concert At The Met Museum
- Michelle Obama delivers Commencement Address at Tuskegee
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Business & Education
Thu June 12, 2014
3 Alabama Community Colleges Change Leaders
Three of Alabama's community colleges have new leaders.
Community college Chancellor Mark Heinrich says the State Board of Education has approved the appointment of Andrea Mayfield as president of Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa. She had been at East Mississippi Community College for 18 years, including serving as a dean and a vice president.
The chancellor said Wednesday that Dr. Helen McAlpine is becoming interim president of Gadsden State Community College. She has been president of J.F. Drake Community College in Gadsden. Heinrich said John Reutter III will serve as acting president of Drake. He has been the college's director of planning and resource development.
Shelton State Community College
Gadsen State President