Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Business & Education
Thu June 12, 2014
3 Alabama Community Colleges Change Leaders
Three of Alabama's community colleges have new leaders.
Community college Chancellor Mark Heinrich says the State Board of Education has approved the appointment of Andrea Mayfield as president of Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa. She had been at East Mississippi Community College for 18 years, including serving as a dean and a vice president.
The chancellor said Wednesday that Dr. Helen McAlpine is becoming interim president of Gadsden State Community College. She has been president of J.F. Drake Community College in Gadsden. Heinrich said John Reutter III will serve as acting president of Drake. He has been the college's director of planning and resource development.
Shelton State Community College
Gadsen State President