Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Business & Education
Thu June 12, 2014
3 Alabama Community Colleges Change Leaders
Three of Alabama's community colleges have new leaders.
Community college Chancellor Mark Heinrich says the State Board of Education has approved the appointment of Andrea Mayfield as president of Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa. She had been at East Mississippi Community College for 18 years, including serving as a dean and a vice president.
The chancellor said Wednesday that Dr. Helen McAlpine is becoming interim president of Gadsden State Community College. She has been president of J.F. Drake Community College in Gadsden. Heinrich said John Reutter III will serve as acting president of Drake. He has been the college's director of planning and resource development.
Shelton State Community College
Gadsen State President