Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon May 24, 2004
214th Returns After a Year of Duty
By Alabama Public Radio
Fort Benning, GA – 63 members of the Army's 214th Military Police Company based in Alexander City and Tuskegee returned to the US over the weekend.
The 214th has spent the past year in Iraq training the country's new national police force. Part of the 214th was welcomed home by friends and family Saturday at Fort Benning, Georgia. At one point during the celebration, soldiers stood close together in honor of Sergeant Aubrey Bell. Bell was killed in late October by a suicide bomber in Baghdad.
The rest of the 214th is expected to return to the State sometime today.