Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Arts & Life
Mon June 10, 2013
2 People Drown in Ocean Off Alabama Coast
Authorities say two people drowned in rough surf in the Gulf of Mexico off the Alabama coast.
Deputy Baldwin County Coroner Brian Pierce said the deaths happened Sunday afternoon on the Fort Morgan peninsula. The coroner's office could not provide additional information.
Baldwin County sheriff's Maj. Anthony Lowery tells Al.com (http://bit.ly/19eQ1Nu) that one of the drowning victims was a Louisiana man, who was pronounced dead at South Baldwin Regional Medical Center in Foley.
Few other details were available early Monday.