Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Mon June 10, 2013
2 People Drown in Ocean Off Alabama Coast
Authorities say two people drowned in rough surf in the Gulf of Mexico off the Alabama coast.
Deputy Baldwin County Coroner Brian Pierce said the deaths happened Sunday afternoon on the Fort Morgan peninsula. The coroner's office could not provide additional information.
Baldwin County sheriff's Maj. Anthony Lowery tells Al.com (http://bit.ly/19eQ1Nu) that one of the drowning victims was a Louisiana man, who was pronounced dead at South Baldwin Regional Medical Center in Foley.
Few other details were available early Monday.