Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Arts & Life
Mon June 10, 2013
2 People Drown in Ocean Off Alabama Coast
Authorities say two people drowned in rough surf in the Gulf of Mexico off the Alabama coast.
Deputy Baldwin County Coroner Brian Pierce said the deaths happened Sunday afternoon on the Fort Morgan peninsula. The coroner's office could not provide additional information.
Baldwin County sheriff's Maj. Anthony Lowery tells Al.com (http://bit.ly/19eQ1Nu) that one of the drowning victims was a Louisiana man, who was pronounced dead at South Baldwin Regional Medical Center in Foley.
Few other details were available early Monday.