Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Mon June 10, 2013
2 People Drown in Ocean Off Alabama Coast
Authorities say two people drowned in rough surf in the Gulf of Mexico off the Alabama coast.
Deputy Baldwin County Coroner Brian Pierce said the deaths happened Sunday afternoon on the Fort Morgan peninsula. The coroner's office could not provide additional information.
Baldwin County sheriff's Maj. Anthony Lowery tells Al.com (http://bit.ly/19eQ1Nu) that one of the drowning victims was a Louisiana man, who was pronounced dead at South Baldwin Regional Medical Center in Foley.
Few other details were available early Monday.