Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Tue August 19, 2014
2 Dead In Alabama Helicopter Crash
Two people have died in a helicopter crash in western Alabama.
WBMA-TV reports the two died when the aircraft went down about 20 miles northeast of Tuscaloosa, Alabama on Tuesday morning. Alabama Power spokeswoman Anna Catherine Roberson says the helicopter was owned by Hiram, Georgia-based contractor Rotorworks, LLC and an Alabama Power employee was on board at the time.
The Federal Aviation Administration says the accident involves a McDonnell Douglas 369E helicopter. Two people were on board.
Authorities haven't released any names or said who owns the helicopter.
The FAA is investigating, and the National Transportation Safety Board will determine the probable cause of the crash.