Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Tue August 19, 2014
2 Dead In Alabama Helicopter Crash
Two people have died in a helicopter crash in western Alabama.
WBMA-TV reports the two died when the aircraft went down about 20 miles northeast of Tuscaloosa, Alabama on Tuesday morning. Alabama Power spokeswoman Anna Catherine Roberson says the helicopter was owned by Hiram, Georgia-based contractor Rotorworks, LLC and an Alabama Power employee was on board at the time.
The Federal Aviation Administration says the accident involves a McDonnell Douglas 369E helicopter. Two people were on board.
Authorities haven't released any names or said who owns the helicopter.
The FAA is investigating, and the National Transportation Safety Board will determine the probable cause of the crash.