Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Mon July 23, 2012
13 Reported Dead, 10 Injured When Pickup Crashes In Texas
Originally published on Mon July 23, 2012 7:02 am
A pickup truck overloaded with 23 men, women and children who authorities suspect were in the country illegally crashed Sunday in south Texas. There are reports now, from KSAT-TV in San Antonio and other local news outlets, that 13 people are dead and 10 injured.
"The truck left the roadway and struck two very large trees" in Goliad County, Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Gerald Bryant told the San Antonio Express-News.
"This is the most people I've seen in any passenger vehicle, and I've been an officer for 38 years," Bryant said earlier, according to The Associated Press.